Step It Up!
If you’re looking to “step” up your card making, then look no further. I’ve got a card for you today that’s easy, but is sure to impress!
Are you ready to learn how to make it? Here we go!
Start by placing Garden Green card base on paper trimmer with 4-1/4” edge along the top at the 1” mark. Place cutting blade at 1” and cut down to 6-1/2”. Flip cardstock and repeat on the other side.
To score, place card base on score board with 11” edge along the top. Score all the way across at 1” (will intersect with the 1” cut line). At 2”, score only to the cut edge on each side (do not score center section). At 5-1/2”, only score center section. At 6-1/2”, score all the way across. Fold all score lines the same direction except the 2” score lines on either side of the center section.
Don’t forget to apply Wink of Stella to the tree for added shimmer! Everyone needs a little shimmer in their life, right?! 🙂
If you haven’t had a chance to get your hands on the Be Merry DSP yet or just want to stock up for next year, then you’re in luck! It’s part of our Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP sale! Act fast, as the sale ends 10/31! Click on the graphic to see a list of all the DSP included in the sale!
Don’t forget to use my October Hostess Code when placing an order this month!
Smiles & Hugs –
Will you be celebrating World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 7? I will be making cards with my Team this year! But for my customers – Stampin’ Up! has created this AWESOME promotion with 15% discount on Note Cards & Envelopes (both Whisper White & Very Vanilla)! I use these all the time when I need to make a lot of cards – fast! No cutting cardstock! They are a great size for a quick note!! I know I’ll be stocking up on these!
Stampin’ Up! is also discounting 12 Stamp Sets during their World Card Making Day promotion (October 1- 10)! If you haven’t already purchased these stamps, it would be just silly not to save 15% and order them NOW! (I have every one of these stamp sets!)
This offer will end October 10th… get them while you can!
Be sure to leave a comment to this post! I draw from the names each day for my Daily Giveaway!
Hugs & Smiles,
I see a Sunset? What do you see? This card reflects the name of the stamp set used on it perfectly…colorful! If you really want to brighten someone’s day, get out your ink and stamping sponges and let’s get started on this beautiful card idea, courtesy of my stamping co-op!
- The oh so colorful focal point of this card is created using a piece of Whisper White cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″. Using Stamping Sponges, pounce Sahara Sand ink along one long edge to at least ½” from the bottom. Follow with Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and end with Melon Mambo at the top. Blend colors at “seam” where they both meet.
- On a piece of 2-3/4’ x 2-3/4” Whisper White, stamp the “Life is Beautiful” sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in the center with Basic Black Archival ink. Die cut with the round 2-3/8” Stitched Shapes Framelits to center the sentiment. Using Daffodil Delight and a sponge, pounce ink over the sentiment to create a sun.
- Next, we’re going to use those fabulous Seasonal Layers Thinlits to die cut the Adirondack chair (using a piece of 2″ x 2-1/2″ Whisper White) and the beverage cup with the straw (using a piece of 1″ x 3/4″ Whisper White). You’ll want to stamp the beverage first with Pumpkin Pie ink, then die cut.
Wasn’t that fun? Now all we have to do is assemble our card!
- Adhere sun/sentiment to colorful background using SNAIL.
- Adhere chair and beverage to colorful background using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, adhere the colorful piece to the Daffodil Delight cardstock (4″ x 5-1/4″) using SNAIL.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere Daffodil Delight piece to card base of Whisper White cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″.
- Take about a 6″ piece of Daffodil Delight ¼” Double-Stitched Ribbon, tie into a tiny bow, trim ends and adhere to side of sentiment piece with Mini Glue Dot.
- Sprinkle a few Crushed Curry Glitter Enamel Dots on the card front and your colorful creation is complete!
Have you heard? I’m doing a daily drawing and YOU can be entered just by leaving me a comment on this post!
Hugs & Smiles,