I see a Sunset? What do you see? This card reflects the name of the stamp set used on it perfectly…colorful! If you really want to brighten someone’s day, get out your ink and stamping sponges and let’s get started on this beautiful card idea, courtesy of my stamping co-op!
- The oh so colorful focal point of this card is created using a piece of Whisper White cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″. Using Stamping Sponges, pounce Sahara Sand ink along one long edge to at least ½” from the bottom. Follow with Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and end with Melon Mambo at the top. Blend colors at “seam” where they both meet.
- On a piece of 2-3/4’ x 2-3/4” Whisper White, stamp the “Life is Beautiful” sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in the center with Basic Black Archival ink. Die cut with the round 2-3/8” Stitched Shapes Framelits to center the sentiment. Using Daffodil Delight and a sponge, pounce ink over the sentiment to create a sun.
- Next, we’re going to use those fabulous Seasonal Layers Thinlits to die cut the Adirondack chair (using a piece of 2″ x 2-1/2″ Whisper White) and the beverage cup with the straw (using a piece of 1″ x 3/4″ Whisper White). You’ll want to stamp the beverage first with Pumpkin Pie ink, then die cut.
Wasn’t that fun? Now all we have to do is assemble our card!
- Adhere sun/sentiment to colorful background using SNAIL.
- Adhere chair and beverage to colorful background using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, adhere the colorful piece to the Daffodil Delight cardstock (4″ x 5-1/4″) using SNAIL.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere Daffodil Delight piece to card base of Whisper White cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″.
- Take about a 6″ piece of Daffodil Delight ¼” Double-Stitched Ribbon, tie into a tiny bow, trim ends and adhere to side of sentiment piece with Mini Glue Dot.
- Sprinkle a few Crushed Curry Glitter Enamel Dots on the card front and your colorful creation is complete!
Have you heard? I’m doing a daily drawing and YOU can be entered just by leaving me a comment on this post!
Hugs & Smiles,